- Introduced application settings.
- Modified UI.
- Ability to switch between Fahrenheit and Celsius (application-wide).
- Introduced wind indicators.
- Improved performance by creating background threads for operations that are CPU-intensive.
- Removed the dependency on TrueKnowledge API (to get the time in a specific location at the time of request). Google Weather API offers the same functionality.
- Changed the way US locations are added. There is no longer a map - only a list of states that requests the locations via a webservice based on the selection.
- Fixed some location issues, causing incorrect location to be used.
If you want the icon to be displayed in the taskbar (with the current forecast), DO NOT
pin the shortcut to WeatherBar to the taskbar. I am working on fixing this issue.Why this release contains only some of the improvements/additions listed in the Issue Tracker?
Please read the announcement made here
This release does not need installation. Just extract the ZIP and run the application. All files in the application folder are required.
.NET Framework 3.5 and Windows 7 are required.